Welcome to Good to Hear
Compassionate hearing care that comes to you.
At Good to Hear, we believe in providing you with compassionate and exceptional hearing care with your comfort and convenience in mind. That’s why we come right to your home, so you don’t have to worry about transportation or fitting travel time into your schedule.
If you are in need of expert hearing healthcare, but haven’t had the opportunity to go in for an appointment, now is the time to schedule one! Our mobile office serves the Hampton Roads communities and surrounding areas, and we would be happy to help you get the most out of your life with better hearing.
Mobile Hearing Healthcare
For most of our patients, we come to you, whether we travel to your personal home or your retirement community. This means you don't ever have to worry about coming out to an office for your appointments. However, if you prefer to meet us at an office instead of your home, we have a location available where we can schedule appointments to accommodate you.
- Before your appointment, we send you paperwork and information so you can prepare in advance.
- Our hearing instrument specialist arrives promptly at your home and introduces himself.
- We find a quiet space in your home to use for your appointment. It doesn't matter what it looks like; the most important thing is that it's as quiet as possible.
- If members of your family are around, we encourage them to join us so they can provide their perspective and help keep track of any information we share with you.
- We talk with you about your hearing challenges and what your needs are. Understanding where you're coming from makes it easier for us to help you.
- We start the hearing testing. This is when we need it to be quiet, so please help us find an appropriate place! We always explain every step of what we're doing during the test.
- Once the hearing tests are complete, we go over your results with you in detail. We want you to know what the results mean for you and your hearing.
- If you have hearing loss, we will let you try on a pair of demo hearing aids so you can experience what better hearing actually sounds like — live, in your own home, surrounded by the sounds of your everyday life.
- We let you keep the demo hearing aids for a week-long trial period. During this time, we encourage you to spend time in your usual environments to test the hearing aids in everyday settings, whether that's at home, out with friends, in loud restaurants, or somewhere else.
- You have the choice to proceed with ordering hearing aids if you're ready, in which case we'll place the order and let you know when it's time for us to come fit you with your own hearing aids. If you decide you aren't ready for hearing aids, we will never push you into a purchase.